North-west Croatia Regional Energy Agency has been established by Zagreb County, Karlovac County, Krapina-Zagorje County and City of Zagreb under the framework of the Intelligent Energy Europe programme.
The main objective and role of the Agency are promoting and encouraging of regional sustainable development in the fields of energy and environmental protection through renewable energy sources (RES) utilization and energy efficiency measures implementation.
Furthermore, Agency scope of work includes:
- Promotion and implementation of “best practices” and “case-studies” in regional energy management
- Promotion and implementation of sustainable development concept
- Public awareness activities in the fields of energy and environmental protection
- Up-to-date information and advices regarding regional energy issues
- Advisory support for the implementation of regional energy plans and programs
European Solar Prize Award 2012 - Towns/municipalities, council districts, public utilities